World Gin Day is here (12th June) and we'll happily drink to that - here's some recipes to say cheers to!
These drinks were made for a summer's garden day - perfect timing as the weather is set to be beautiful this weekend! And if you need a garnish for your drinks, we recommend growing Piccolo Holy Basil in your garden.
- 40ml Burleighs Pink Edition Gin
- 10ml Strawberry Liqueur
- 20ml Sugar Syrup
- 15ml Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp of Strawberry Jam
1. Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
2. Shake, double strain into a rocks glass over cubed ice.
3. Garnish with a strawberry.
- 8 Zespri SunGold kiwifruit, peeled and quartered
- 80ml sugar syrup, adjust to taste
- 2 limes, juice only
- Optional, mint leaves
- 100ml gin
- 30g fresh mint leaves
- Soda water, to top up
- Crushed ice
1. Place 6 of the peeled kiwi pieces in a blender or small food processor with the sugar syrup and lime juice, pulse until you have coarse puree. If you want an extra minty flavour for the mojitos, then add some mint leaves into the blender and blend again.
2. In a large jug, mix the kiwi puree with the alcohol.
3. Next add some mint leaves and the remaining kiwi quarters to the crushed kiwi and gin mix.
4. Add the soda water.
5. Fill each glass 2/3 of the way with the mojito, then top with crushed ice.
- 50ml gin (or double for a stronger cocktail) drops Lemongrass Spice Drops
- 1 drop Ginger Spice Drops
- 400ml natural ginger beer
- Pour the gin into a glass over ice, drop in the Spice Drops
- Top with ginger beer or ginger ale,
- Stir well and serve.
- 45ml gin
- 15ml Cointreau
- 15ml grenadine
- 20ml lemon juice
- 50ml soda water, to top up
- Mint sprig and orange peel, to garnish
Add your first four ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into a large rocks glass filled with crushed ice. Top up with soda water, garnish and serve!