♻️ 95% of our packaging is either biodegradable or recyclable (and we’re working hard on that last 5%).
- All our cardboard boxes are FSC certified.
- The peanuts (those squishy looking things 🥜which protect your precious plants) are starch based. Pop them in your sink and cover in water and watch them disappear in seconds. It's magic ~ honest ✨
- We wrap the base of your plant in a compostable bag to prevent loose soil.
- We pop your care card and gift message in a protective sleeve too, it might look like cello but it's not! It's made in Britain and is both compostable and bio-degradable.
- Your pots are wrapped in paper cushioning, it's an alternative to bubble wrap. It's both recyclable, biodegradable and compostable.
- Compostable packaging ~ the lowdown: Small amounts of compostable packaging can be placed in your food waste bins (depending on your council), so both our compostable bags and sleeve could go in there ✅. Alternatively look for a shared compost heap in your area as your local recycling centres are not set-up for compostable waste (currently). Compostable materials leave no toxic substances or pollutants in the soil when they break down. In fact, the compost produced can be used in the same way as soil or plant fertiliser. There is a difference between biodegradable and compostable. Biodegradable simply means a material breaks down into the ground. Compostable materials also break down and far quicker too, but they add nutrients to the soil too, which enriches it. 🌱🌱🌱